Filmstar Bronze & Glow Review

I am new to the contour game, and still haven't really branched out to new products involving contour until now. This palette gets so much buzz in the blog and YouTube worlds so I decided to start slow and pick up the Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar Bronze & Glow' Face Sculpt & Highlight.







The highlight in this palette is so amazing. It is subtle yet makes you really glow. It isn't like any of the other highlighters I own because it isn't so bam in your face. The highlight isn't too white, but it isn't too yellow or too champagne. It is the perfect amount of yellow in it. I think the neutral shade of the highlight is what makes it so versatile for different skin tones.
With contouring being so new for me, this contour powder is very easy to blend. Swatched it doesn't look like it would show up on my skin, but when put on my face it is so perfect. I think after I get a little more skilled with using this contour palette I may brand out and get the NYX contour kit. It isn't high end, but I have heard such amazing reviews on it.
An added detail that I love in this palette is the tiny little star in the corner of the mirror! Such a cute tiny detail that makes this that much more special.
Now onto my pro's and con's!

PROS:
  • Blendable contour 
  • Contour and highlight will match multiple skin tones
  • Pigmented highlight
  • Contour goes on sheer, but easily buildable 
  • Easy to travel with 
  • .56 oz of product (the amount of 2 Too Face Love blush palettes, plus a little more)
CONS:
  • Price tag-- very, very pricy
  • Plastic packaging (from the pictures online I thought it was medal) 
  • Contour palette doesn't come in any darker or lighter shades
I do recommend getting this contour palette if you are in the market for a great high end palette. It is so perfect for someone like myself who is learning to contour. I love the fact that the contour side is sheer and builds up because I don't feel as though I look muddy or have too much product on. 
If you've tried the NYX contour palette let me know in the comments if you think it is worth buying!

xo, Amy

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top