Trip To The Swamp!


When I saw that Bunny was bringing out a palette with Tarte Cosmetics I was really excited for her! I didn't originally plan on buying this palette because I wasn't sure how well the colors would suite me, but after watching a few tutorials using it I decided I wanted it. This palette is so Bunny! From the name of the palette to the names of the eyeshadows it screams Bunny. 
The palette that Bunny came out with is called 'The Swamp Queen' palette and I must say it is so beautiful. I just started dipping into Tarte Cosmetics this year, and I must say I am really impressed. 
First off, I love the packaging. It looks like a little wooden box, and it is even textured. It isn't too bulky which can happen with some set like palettes making it ideal for traveling. I think this palette is ideal for traveling because you have 9 eyeshadows, a blush, bronzer, and highlight all in one. Plus a useable eyeshadow brush! It is sturdy with a magnetic closure, and doesn't pop open at all. All around I think the packaging is really nice. No complaints about it!
Now onto the inside. I am very pleased with the eyeshadows and how they perform. They are really pigmented and go on really easy on my lids, and blend out really well. This palette has gotten a lot of mixed reviews online, and I think some of the reviews are justifiable. Though the colors in here aren't "unique" or "anything special" I do think this palette is a good one to have. I like it because it isn't a palette full of basic neutral colors, and while the shades are common ones they aren't ones you usually see together in one palette. The only complaint I do have for this palette is the lack of matte colors to do complete eye looks. I am not usually one who loves matte eyeshadows, but I do feel like they do help complete looks. The only matte shadows in the palette are 'Big Baby' and 'Natural Peaches'. Big Baby is a white shade that can't be used as a transition for my skin tone, and Natural Peaches is a great shade for someone who a little bit paler in skin tone than me at the moment. Right now I am really tanned so it isn't very ideal for me. I still really love the color but it isn't the best transition shade for me. After using it everyday this week my favorite colors in the palette are: #SFS, Sassy Bun, Sippy Sippy, and Uncommon. 
I haven't yet tried the bronzer because I am so tan right now I know it won't show up on me. But it is a really nice brown shade, so I do plan on using it as an eyeshadow to pick up the slack for a missing darker transition shade. The blush is really pretty! It is a nice rose color blush that is super pigmented, so have a light hand when you use it! Tarte is known for their famous blushes, so this blush being so amazing is no surprise to me at all. 
The highlighter in this palette is to die for!! It is so amazing! It might be one of the most #BAM highlighters I own. So it is so disappointing that it is in a limited edition palette. I hope that enough people come together to convince Tarte to make an individual highlight of 'Gator Wings'. It is a beautiful white champagne color. It isn't too white, or too golden so I think it would be perfect for everyone from someone who is very fair to someone who is deeper. It goes on smoothly, and doesn't look like a streak of powder on your face. Really pretty, and definitely the stand out of the palette!
Everything in this palette works so well together and I am really pleased with the palette. I love supporting YouTuber's collaborations so adding this palette to my collection was really exciting for me! 

Overall thoughts:
I really do love this palette, and I am so so happy that I bought it. Do I think it is absolutely a need? I would say no to if you really need it, but yes if you are a palette enthusiast. I think for a beginner this palette is so ideal. It comes with a full face of products, and the shadows are great basic shades. And there is some fun pops of color that will help make any eye look look more glam. 
So overall, I am so excited I have this palette, and I would grab it if you love Bunny too!

I might do a post about all my YouTuber collaborations!

xo, Amy

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top